If gutters are not cleaned regularly, they can become clogged with debris and cause water damage to the home. Several issues can arise:
- Water Damage: Gutters are designed to direct rainwater away from your house or building. When they’re clogged with debris, water can overflow, causing damage to the roof, siding, and foundation of your home. Sometimes, water can back up and go behind your gutters, leading to potential damage to the inside of your home.
- Basement Flooding: Overflowing gutters can lead to water pooling around the foundation of your house. In more extreme cases, this might lead to flooding in the basement, potentially damaging items stored there and leading to costly repairs.
- Roof Damage: When gutters are filled with debris, water can pool on the roof itself. This can lead to rot and other structural damage.
- Pests: Clogged gutters can become a breeding ground for mosquitoes or other pests. They may also attract birds and squirrels, which could cause further damage.
- Damage to Gutters and Downspouts: The weight of debris and standing water can cause gutters and downspouts to sag and pull away. This isn’t always a quick fix; sometimes you might have to replace gutters, fascia, and soffit boards to fix the damage.
- Landscape Damage: Water that overflows from gutters can lead to soil erosion, damage plants, and saturate flower beds.
- Mold and Mildew: The dampness caused by clogged gutters can encourage the growth of mold and mildew, which can spread to other parts of the house and cause health issues.
Regular gutter cleaning is crucial to maintain the structural integrity of your home and prevent potential damage. Request a gutter cleaning quote from us today. We offer gutter cleaning contracts and single cleanings with experienced crews.